2005 Wag-Aero Super Cub - 150hp Cubby!
Total Time: 160 Hours
SMOH: 2200 Hours (150hp Lycoming)
STOH: 160 Hours (a substantial amount of engine work was done, but was not 'technically' a major overhaul, just a top overhaul. Accessory case, oil sump, #1 & #4 connecting rods and all four cylinders removed and sent out to Harrison Engines where new valve guides and exhaust valves were installed. Reassembled engine with new piston rings and new rod bolts on those connecting rods. Not exactly just a top overhaul...
This little Cubby is awesome! A blast to fly and sure grabs all the attention on the ramp. Needs nothing, everything works as it should.
Cessna 300 Transponder
Sigtronics SPA-400 Intercom
Exterior & Interior:
There are a few touch up paint blemishes on the outside, nothing major. Overall rated an '7.5-8'
The Interior is in excellent/like-new condition. Rated a '9'
Glass is excellent as well.
Complete logbooks since new - contact us and we can send you the link to view online!
Fresh Annual Included with Sale
Fresh Transponder Cert w Sale
Tanis engine pre-heater
Cub plan set #1382. Was purchased from WAG AERO on October 21st, 1983. The plans, misc materials and sub assemblies were sold in 1992. The materials were stored and no work was performed. The materials and planes were sold again in 1995 and work proceeded to completion. Was completed and received an FAA airworthiness certificate in 2005, test flown June 10th 2005.
Modifications made from original drawings:
1. Fuselage was modified per WAG AERO drawing supplement for 150hp engine
2. PA11 fuel tanks were installed in the wings
3. Landing gear was modified to accept 6" CLEVELAND wheels and brakes
4. Elevator and stabilizer tips were modified to provide aerodynamic balance
5. 11 pounds of lead was installed in the elevator spar to adjust weight and balance
6. UNIVAR PA18 wing struts were purchased and installed.
Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions!